Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Always Running By Luis J Rodriguez

The book Always Running is actually a book I just recently began to read,however based on what I;ve read I've learned that this is actually my favorite book so far.I really like the fact that Luis Rodriguez wrote this book based on his own experience with gang violence in East L.A. In this book Luis writes about what he witnessed as a young teenage gang member. What I found most intersting was that while writing this book Luis never held back on writting everything he witnessed no matter how cruel or overwhelming the situation was such as shootings, beatings, and arrest. Luis Rodriguez being the famous award-winning Chicano poet that he is managed to escape the gang, however what shocked me the most was to know that his son was actually getting himself into gangs but with his father's own personal story was able and strong enough to leave those old gang ways.I would recomend this book to anyone who is interested in learning about Gang violence, why it's so common now a days, and just someone who is intrested in reading someone's personal diary and journey though all of the hard obstacles and struggles.

No comments:

Post a Comment